Monday, March 9, 2015

To Venture Towards a New Frontier in Social Media.

I am an obsessed Youtube viewer. I find myself spending hours researching, watching, engaging in all manner of clips from exercise videos to serial murder to funny cats and fails. There isn't a lot I don't at least glance at.

I find it far more stimulating than television where you are stuck watching what they think you want and not what you want.  I also enjoy the anthologies that Youtube puts together at the end of the year, looking back at social phenomena like the ice bucket challenge, top Youtubers from across the globe, as well as the best songs of the year.

It was watching 2013's anthology that I put the challenge out to my teenage son to be in the 'best of' video by 2015. He laughed at me and stated data on the subscribers of such channels as Pewdie Pie and Jenna Marbles. So instead, I challenged myself.  It was time to create my own channel.

Equipped with very little skill in editing videos, I decided to see what I could do with what I had and without having to put my face on the screen - just yet.

The result was my first clip, ok so the music cuts out and my son hates the font choice, but really, I am proud of the effort.  Have a look yourself and let me know what you think. It will be the first of many, I hope.

Thanks for reading (and viewing)




No comments: